Contact – International Student Film Festival – Yaşar University
2nd edition October 19-23, 2015
Contact – International Student Film Festival is a short film festival organized by Yaşar University (Izmir, Turkey) with the joint collaboration of the Faculty of Communication and Faculty of Arts and Design.
The festival will be held from 19th to 23rd October 2015 and will be divided into two different programs:
- international competition of short films made by students currently enrolled in film and media courses or students that will graduate in the academic year 2014-2015;
- out-of-competition film schools showcase, special programmes of International film schools and other special presentations.
International Short Film Competition
In order to be accepted and selected in the International Short Film Competition, these criteria should be met:
- the film must not exceed 30 minutes; fiction/narrative films, documentaries and animation will be taken into consideration;
- the film must date from January 1st, 2014;
- the film should be a production of currently enrolled students in film schools or cinema and media departments in universities and institutes, including students that will graduate in the academic year 2014-2015 (student affiliation should be specified in the application);
- the film has to be shot in PAL format, and recorded on digital media;
- If the movie uses a language different from English, the film must have English subtitles;
- There is no fee for submission or for participating to the festival.
The final deadline for submission is September 7th 2015.
Applicants will be informed of the selection and acceptance of their film from mid-September 2015 onwards.
No film selected may be withdrawn from the Festival programme once the selection has been made. The Festival invites film directors (or their substitutes) as its guests, partially covering the travelling expenses of directors with films participating in the international competition (one guest per film) and free accommodation when available.
The Festival coordinators will appoint the members of the International Jury. No jury member may have been involved in the production or promotion of any film in the competition. The international jury will award:
- Grand Prix for the Best Short Film, with no tie exceptions;
- Sony Camera Award;
- Senedit Award;
- Audience Student Award.
The International Jury may issue up to two Special Mentions for various achievements.
How to submit
Each applicant must sign up for free and submit their film through one of the following websites.
You can now submit to the Contact – International Student Film Festival through FilmFestivalLife. Be in the place where festivals are now discovering the next generation.
Contact – International Student Film Festival proudly accepts entries via FilmFreeway.com, the world’s best online submissions platform. FilmFreeway offers free HD online screeners, Vimeo and YouTube integration, and more.
For further information: